A LEVEL RESULTS 2023
Pupils at Maesteg School have continued to perform very well even having faced a return to a more conventional, pre-pandemic experience of assessment. It is apparent that our pupils have faced the challenges of the exam system with exceptional fortitude and resilience in their determination to succeed.
Whether their choice is now to move on to academic study, apprenticeship or the world of work, each and every one of them should be proud of the manner in which they are ending their time at Maesteg School.
We are pleased to announce that half of our pupils (50%) were successful in securing 3 or more A levels at A*-C grades. 78.3% of our pupils achieved 3 A*-E grades.
As always, there have been some exceptional individual performances:
- Rhys Williams achieved 1 A* and 3 As and is commencing with an Apprenticeship in the Civil Service
- Lucy Davies achieved 2 As and 2 Bs and has secured a place to study Medicine at Cardiff University
- Caitlin George achieved 1 A*, 1 A and 1 B and a Distinction and is going to Bath Spa University to study Drama and Psychology where she has also been awarded a scholarship
- Lowri Davies achieved 2 As and 2 Bs and is going to Cardiff University to study Law
- Oliver Thomas achieved 2 As, 1 B and 1 C and is going to Cardiff University to study Biological Science
- Sophie Watkins achieved 3 Bs and a Distinction and is studying Musical Theatre
- Ella Powys achieved 3Bs and a Distinction and is studying Journalism at University of Gloucestershire
- Lola Videan achieved 2 A*s and 1 A and is following an Apprenticeship with Rolls Royce.
Mrs Sian Waters, Head of Sixth Form, said: ‘It is a privilege to have seen these pupils grow and mature. I look forward to hearing of their fantastic future achievements. I am confident that they will succeed in whichever field they choose.’
We wish each and every one of our Year 13 pupils congratulations and the very best for the next exciting chapter of their lives. We have been proud to call ourselves their teachers and watch them become the motivated and respectful young adults they now are. Well done to all!